- Ph.D., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 2005
- M.S., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 2000
B.S., Meteorology, Pennsylvania State University, 1997
Selected adaptation programs/projects:
- Future Projection of Monsoon Severe Weather for DoD Facilities in the Southwest: Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program
- Dynamically Downscaled Water Resource Projections for the Colorado River Basin: Department of Interior, Southwest Climate Change Center
- Improved Groundwater Resource Projections in the Santa Cruz Basin: NOAA SARP
- Cayan, D., M. Tyree, K.E. Kunkel, C. Castro, A. Gurshunov, J. Barsugli, A.J. Ray, J. Overpeck, M. Anderson, B. Rajagopalan, I. Rangwala, and P Duffy. Future Climate: Projected Average, Chapter 6 of Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States: A Report Prepared for the National Climate Change Assessment. A report by Southwest Climate Alliance. G. Garfin, A. Jardine, R. Merideth, M. Black, and S. Leroy, Eds., Washington, DC: Island Press, 2013.
- Woodhouse, C.A., D.M. Meko, D. Griffin, and C.L. Castro, 2013. Tree rings reveal multi-season drought variability in the lower Rio Grande Basin, USA. Water Resour. Research, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20098.
- Dominguez, F., E. Rivera, D.P. Lettenmaier and C.L. Castro. Changes in winter precipitation extremes for the western United States under a warm climate as simulated by regional climate models. Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L05803, 2012. doi:10.1029/2011GL050762