- Ph.D., Geography, University of North Carolina, 1998
- B.A., Geography, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), 1989
Selected Adaptation Projects
- Climate Adaptation and Agricultural Decision Making in Kenya and Zambia, 2014-2019 (National Science Foundation, SES-1360463)
- Tradeoffs Between Food, Energy, and Water Security in African Dryland Agro-ecosystems in Kenya and Zambia, 2014-2019 (National Science Foundation, supplemental award to SES-1360463)
- McCord, P.F., K. Waldman, E. Baldwin, J. Dell'Angelo, and T.P. Evans. In press. Multi-level adaptation to climate variability and water security in smallholder agricultural systems. World Development.
- Delaney, A., T.P. Evans, J. McGreevy, J. Blekking, T. Schlachter, K. Korhonen-Kurki, P. Tamas, T. Crane, H. Eakin, W. Forch, L. Jones, D. Nelson, C. Oberlack, M. Purdon, and S. Rist. In press. Governance of food systems across scales in time of social-ecological change: A review of indicators. Food Security.
- Carley, S., T.P. Evans, D.M. Konisky. 2018. Adaptation, culture, and the energy transition in American coal country. Energy Research & Social Science, 37:133-139.
- Blekking, J., C. Tuholske, and T.P. Evans. 2017. Adaptive Governance and Market Heterogeneity: An Institutional Analysis of an Urban Food System in Sub-Saharan Africa. Sustainability, 9:1-16.
- Waldman, K., J. Blekking, S. Attari, and T.P. Evans. 2017. Maize seed choice and perceptions of climate variability among smallholder farmers. Global Environmental Change, 47:51-63.
- Human Dimensions of Climate Change
- Interdisciplinary Problem-Solving
- International and Development
- Monitoring and Remote Sensing
- Natural Resources Management
- Planning and Land Use
- Public Policy and Governance
- Supply Chain Impacts
- Sustainability Options and Infrastructure
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Water Conservation, Supply, and Demand