- Ph.D., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Indiana University Bloomington, 1983
- Coordinates a diverse portfolio of climate-adaptation rojects involving partnerships between researchers and natural-resource managers across the Southwest
Selected Adaptation Publications
- Dawson, T.P., S.T. Jackson, J. House, I.C. Prentice & G.M. Mace, 2011. Beyond predictions: biodiversity conservation under climate change. Science, 332:53-58.
- Armsworth, P.R., E.R. Larson, S.T. Jackson, D.F. Sax, P. Simonin, B. Blossey, N. Green, M.L. Klein, L. Lester, T.H. Ricketts, M.C. Runge & M.R. Shaw. 2015. Are conservation organizations configured for effective adaptation to global change? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 13:163-169.
- Hiers, J.K., S.T. Jackson, R.J. Hobbs, L.E. Valentine & E.S. Bernhardt. 2016. The precision problem in conservation and restoration. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 31: 820-830.
- Morelli, T.L., C.L. Millar, S.P. Maher, K. Nydick, J.L. Ebersole, C. Daly, S.Z. Dobrowski, D. Dulen, S.T. Jackson, J.D. Lundquist, W.B. Monahan, K.T. Redmond, S. Sawyer, S. Stock & S.R. Beissinger. 2016. Managing climate change refugia for climate adaptation. PLOS One, 11(8): e0159909. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0159909.
- Jackson, S.T. 2016. Reinventing conservation – again. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 14:519.
- Jackson, S.T., C.E. Enquist & G. Garfin. 2017. Guest editors. Special issue on “Translational Ecology”. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 15(10).