- Master in Marine Affairs, University of Washington, 1984
- BS, Oceanography, University of Washington, 1982
Selected Adaptation Projects
- Integrating Climate Information and Decision Processes for Regional Climate Resilience (with Columbia Univ. funded by NOAA/USAID International Research and Applications Project)
- Advancing Social Science Research and Application in the Caribbean: A Case-Example with the Caribbean Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology
- The Economic Impact of Seasonal Drought Forecast Information Service in Jamaica
- U.S. National Climate Assessment, 2011-2014
- Jacobs, K.L., J.L. Buizer, and S.C. Moser, 2016. The Third US National Climate Assessment: Innovations in Science and Engagement. New York, Springer.
- Jacobs, K., and J.L. Buizer, 2016. Foreword to Climate in Context: Science and Society Partnering for Adaptation. New York, Wiley.
- Rahman, T. and J. Buizer, 2016. Evaluating a climate information service program using survey and experimental data. In Evaluating Climate Change for Sustainable Development. Edited by Juha I. Uitto, Jyotsna Puri, and Rob D. van den Berg, Springer Verlag GmbH, 2016.
- Moser, S.C., J.M. Melillo, K.L. Jacobs, R.H. Moss, J.L. Buizer, 2015. Aspirations and Common Tensions: Larger Lessons from the Third U.S. National Climate Assessment. Climatic Change, doi: 10.1007/s10584-015-1530-z
- Jacobs, K.L. and J.L. Buizer, 2015. Building community, credibility and knowledge: the third U.S. National Climate Assessment. Climatic Change, doi: 10.1007/s10584-015-1445-8
- Buizer, J.L., K. Dow, M.E. Black, K.L. Jacobs, A. Waple, R.H. Moss, S. Moser, A. Luers, D.I. Gustafson, R.C Richmond, S L Hays, C.B. Field, 2015. Building a sustained climate assessment process. Climatic Change, doi: 10.1007/s10584-015-1501-4
- Preparing the Nation for Change: Building a Sustained National Climate Assessment Process, National Climate Assessment Development and Advisory Committee. J. Buizer, P. Fleming, S.L. Hays, Dow, K., Field, C.B., Gustafson, D., Luers, A., Moss, R.H., (September 2013)
Led the formation of the Global Institute of Sustainability at ASU, the International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI) and the Regional Integrated Sciences and Assessments (RISA) Program at NOAA.
- Climate Assessment
- Climate Communication
- Human Dimensions of Climate Change
- Interdisciplinary Problem-Solving
- International and Development
- Organizational Change and Management
- Program Evaluation
- Public Policy and Governance
- Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach