- Ph.D., Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Yale University, 2007
- M. Phil., Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Yale University 2006
- M.P.H., Global Health, George Washington University, 1999
- B.S., Psychology, Virginia Tech, 1995
Selected Adaptation Publications
- Gonzalez, P., Garfin, G.M., Breshears, D.D., Brooks, K.M., Brown, H.E., Elias, E.H., Gunasekara, A., Huntly, N., Maldonado, J.K., Mantua, N.J., Margolis, H.G., McAfee, S., Middleton, B.R., and Udall, B.H., 2018: Southwest. In Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States: Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume II [Reidmiller, D.R., Avery, C.W., Easterling, D.R., Kunkel, K.E., Lewis, K.L.M., Maycock, T.K., and Stewart, B.C. (eds.)]. U.S. Global Change Research Program, Washington, DC, USA. doi: 10.7930/NCA4.2018.CH25
- Roach, M., H.E. Brown, M. Wilder, G.R. Smith, S. Chambers, I.E. Patten, and Q. Rabby, 2017. Assessment of Climate and Health Impacts on Vector-Borne Diseases and Valley Fever in Arizona. A report prepared for the Arizona Department of Health Services and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Climate-Ready States and Cities Initiative.
- Brown, H.E., J. Cox, A.C. Comrie, and R. Barrera, Habitat and density of oviposition opportunity influences Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) flight distance, J Med Entomol. 2017:00(0):1-5. doi: 10.1093/jme/tjx083.
- Roach, M., E. Barrett, H.E. Brown, B. Dufour, D.M. Hondula, H. Putnam, and B. Sosa, B., 2017. Arizona’s Climate and Health Adaptation Plan. A report prepared for the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Climate-Ready States and Cities Initiative. http://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/extreme-weather/index.php#news-publications
- Roach, M., H.E. Brown, R. Clark, D. Hondula, J. Lega, Q. Rabby, N. Schweers, and J. Tabor, 2017. Projections of Climate Impacts on Vector-Borne Diseases and Valley Fever in Arizona. A report prepared for the Arizona Department of Health Services and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Climate-Ready States and Cities Initiative.
- Brown, H., A. C. Comrie, D. M. Drechsler, C. M. Barker, R. Basu, T. Brown, A. Gershunov, A. M. Kilpatrick, W. K. Reisen, D. M. Ruddell, 2013. Human Health, in Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States: A Report for the National Climate Assessment, ed. By G. Garfin, A. Jardine, R. Merideth, M. Black, and S. LeRoy. Island Press.
- Brown, H.E., A. Young, J. Lega, T.G. Andreadis, J. Schurich, and A. Comrie, 2015. Projection of climate change influences on U.S. West Nile virus vectors, Earth Interactions 2015, 19:1-18. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/EI-D-15-0008.1
- Modeling the effects of climate on vector-borne disease using the Biosphere-2 facilities to assess climate effects on mosquito survival and flight
- Using the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network to support Building Resilience Against Climate Effects
- Is adaptation maladaptation: an assessment of mosquitos and water harvesting