- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983
- B.S., Agricultural Economics, University of California-Davis, 1978
- Integrating Improved Water Supply Predictive Capacity and Response into Lower Colorado Basin Policy and Management, 2012-14
- Colby, B., and G. Frisvold. Risk and Resilience: The Economics Of Climate-Water-Energy Challenges In The Arid Southwest, Resources for the Future Press, 2011.
- Chandrasekharan, B., and B. Colby, Medium-term electricity load forecasting and climate change in arid cities, Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research, 01/2013; 5: 163-181. 2013. DOI:10.1080/19390459.2013.811852
- Jones, L., and B. Colby. Weather, climate, and environmental water transactions, Weather, Climate, and Society, 2(3): 210 –223, 2010.
- Colby B., and R. Bark. Inter-sectoral water trading as a climate change adaptation strategy, in Water Resources Planning and Management, ed. by Q. Grafton and K. Hussey, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Colby, B.G., J.E. Thorson, and S. Britton, 2005. Negotiating Tribal Water Rights. University of Arizona Press. 190 pp.
- Natural Resources Management
- Public Policy and Governance
- Resource Economics
- Water Conservation, Supply, and Demand