- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., Brown University, 1983
Selected adaptation programs/projects:
- Daubert and Expert Extrapolations: Redrawing the Boundaries between Scientific and Judicial Expertise (work in progress regarding judicial evaluation of scientific evidence in litigation concerning climate adaptation measures)
- Engel, KH. EPA’s clean power plan: An emerging new cooperative federalism? Publius Annual Review of Federalism Issue, forthcoming in 2015.
- Engel, KH, and JT Overpeck. Adaptation and the courtroom: Judging climate science, Michigan Journal of Environmental & Administrative Law,1, 2013. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2185616.
- Engel, KH. Perverse incentives: The case of wildfire smoke regulation, (January 11, 2014). Ecology Law Quarterly 40: 623, 2013; Arizona Legal Studies Discussion Paper No. 12-26, 2014.
- Brickey, C, K Engel, K Jacobs, J Jolley, M Miller, DF Luecke and J Overpeck. How to take climate change into account: A guidance document for judges adjudicating water disputes, Environmental Law Reporter, 40: 11215.
- 2012 - present: Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, James E. Rogers College of Law
- 2005 - present: Professor of Law, James E. Rogers College of Law,
- 2001 - 2004: Senior Counsel, Public Protection Bureau, Massachusetts Office of Attorney General, Boston, MA
- 2000 - 2001: Acting Chief, Environmental Protection Division, Massachusetts Office of Attorney General, Boston, MA
- 1992 - 2000: Associate Professor of Law, Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA
- 1990 - 1992: Staff Attorney, Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund, Washington, DC
- 1987 - 1990: Staff Attorney, Office of General Counsel, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC