- M.A., Anthropology, University of Arizona, 1982
- M.L.S., Library Science, University of Arizona, 1978
- B.A., Anthropology, Stanford University, 1974
- Technical report on the U.S. Southwest for the U.S. National Climate Assessment
- Sustained Assessment Special Report Working Group for the National Climate Assessment and Development Advisory Committee
- Star, J., E.L. Rowland, M.E. Black, C.A.F. Enquist, G. Garfin, C. Hawkins Hoffmann, H. Hartmann, K.L. Jacobs, R.H. Moss, and A.M. Waple. Supporting adaptation decisions through scenario planning: enabling the effective use of multiple methods. Climate Risk Management 13 (2016): 88-94.
- Buizer, J.L., K. Dow, M.E. Black, K.L. Jacobs, A. Waple, R.H. Moss, S.Moser, A. Luers, D. I. Gustafson, T.C. Richmond, S.L. Hays, C.B. Field, 2015. Building a sustained climate assessment process. Climatic Change, doi:10.1007/s10584-015-1501-4
- Garfin G., A. Jardine, R. Merideth, M. Black, S. LeRoy (eds.), 2013. Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States. Washington, DC: Island Press, 509 p. (See http://swcarr.arizona.edu/ for free download and additional materials)
- Preparing the Nation for Change: Building a Sustained National Climate Assessment Process (contributing author), National Climate Assessment Development and Advisory Committee. J. Buizer, P. Fleming, S.L. Hays, Dow, K., Field, C.B., Gustafson, D., Luers, A., Moss, R.H., September 2013.
- Phillips, F.M., G.E. Hall, and M.E. Black, Reining in the Rio Grande: People, Land, and Water. Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press, 2011.
- Editor, Southwest Hydrology, 2003-2009. ISSN 1552-8383. http://www.swhydro.arizona.edu/
- Editor, NSF Science and Technology Center for Sustainability of semi-Arid Hydrology and Riparian Areas (SAHRA), 2002-2009.
- Associate Editor, Hopi Dictionary/Hopìikwa Lavaytutuveni: A Hopi-English Dictionary of the Third Mesa Dialect. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 1999.
- Climate Assessment
- Climate Communication
- Human Dimensions of Climate Change
- Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach
- Water History