- Ph.D., Ecology, University of New Mexico, 2002
- M.S. Biology, Ecology Program, University of New Mexico, 1998
- B.A. International Relations/French, Mount Holyoke College, 1990
- Adaptation Planning for Navy and Marine Corps Installations in Southern California, jointly led by DoD collaborators
- Developing a Framework for Climate-informed Monitoring in the Context of Climate Smart Conservation, led by the USA-NPN; serving as a trainer served in related National Conservation Training Center course on Climate Smart Conservation.
- Scanning the Conservation Horizon: A Guide to Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment, led by the National Wildlife Federation; served as a trainer in related National Conservation Training Center course.
- Enquist, C.A.F., J.L. Kellermann, K.L. Gerst, and A.J. Miller-Rushing. 2014. Phenology research for natural resource management in the U.S. International Journal of Biometeorology, DOI 10.1007/s00484-013-0772-6.
- Stein, B.A., A. Staudt, M. S. Cross, N. Dubois, C. Enquist, R. Griffis, L. Hansen, J. Hellman, J. Lawler, E. Nelson, and A. Pairis, 2013. Preparing for and managing change: climate adaptation for biodiversity and ecosystems. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 11: 502-510, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/120277
- Cross, M.S., P.D. McCarthy, G. Garfin, D. Gori, C. Enquist. Accelerating climate change adaptation in vulnerable landscapes across the southwestern United States. Conservation Biology 27: 4-13, 2013.
- Cross, M., E. Zavaleta, D. Bachelet, M. Brooks, C. Enquist, E. Fleishman, L. Graumlich, C. Groves, L. Hannah, L. Hansen, G. Hayward, M. Koopman, J. Lawler, J. Malcolm, J. Nordgren, B. Petersen, E. Rowland, D. Scott, S. Shafer, R. Shaw, and G. Tabor. 2012. The Adaptation for Conservation Targets (ACT) framework: A tool for incorporating climate change into natural resource management, Environmental Management, 50:341-351, 2012.
- Cross, M., E. Girvetz, A. Schragg, and C. Enquist. Integrating Climate Change Science into Large- Scale Conservation, In: Conservation and Climate Disruption: Ecoregional Science and Practice in a Changing Climate (Eds. C.C. Chester, J.A. Hilty, and M.S. Cross), Island Press, 2012.
- West, J.M., P. Kareiva, C. Enquist, A. Johnson, S.H. Julius, J. Lawler, B. Petersen, L. Pitelka, R. Shaw. 2009. U.S. natural resources and climate change: concepts and approaches for management adaptation, Envronmental Management, 44(6): 1001-1021, 2009.
- Science and Applications Coordinator, USA National Phenology Network
- Lead Author, Natural Ecosystems, Southwest Climate Assessment
- Lead Author, Biodiversity, Adaptation, Indicators, National Climate Assessment
- Conceptualized and launched the Southwest Climate Change Initiative on behalf of the Nature Conservancy.
- Lead Author, Preliminary review of adaptation options for climate-sensitive ecosystems and resources, U.S. Climate Change Science Program and the Subcommittee on Global Change Research
- Biological Models for Adaptation
- Climate Assessment
- Ecology and Restoration
- Interdisciplinary Problem-Solving
- Monitoring and Remote Sensing
- Natural Resources Management
- Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach
- Vulnerability Assessment