- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, Agricultural and Resource Economics, 1989
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, Political Economy of Natural Resources, 1983
Selected adaptation projects:
- Climate Assessment for the Southwest
- The Economic Impact of Climate Change on US Agriculture - Towards More Comprehensive Estimations, USDA Grant 2014-05728, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics (with F. Dominguez and S. Dall'Erba)
- Co-Editor, Water Economics and Policy
Selected adaptation publications:
- Colby, B., & G. Frisvold, eds., 2011. Adaptation and Resilience: The Economics of Climate-Water-Energy Challenges in the Arid Southwest. Washington, DC: Resources for the Future Press. (Volume co-editor and co-author of eight chapters.)
- Frisvold, G., 2014. Water, agriculture, and drought in the West under changing climate and policy regimes. Natural Resources Journal, 55: 293–328.
- Frisvold, G., L. Jackson, J. Pritchett, and J. Ritten, 2013. Agriculture and ranching. In Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States: A Report Prepared for the National Climate Assessment, G. Garfin, A. Jardine, R. Merideth, M. Black, and S. LeRoy (eds.) A report by the Southwest Climate Alliance. Washington, DC: Island Press.
- Frisvold, G., and B. Kuhn, eds., 1999. Global Environmental Change and Agriculture. Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar.
- Frisvold, G., and S. Deva, 2013. Climate and choice of irrigation technology: implications for climate adaptation. Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research, 5: 107–127.
- Frisvold, G., and K. Konyar, 2012. Less water: How will agriculture in southern Mountain states adapt? Water Resources Research, 48, W05534, doi:10.1029/2011WR011057.
- Professor and Extension Specialist, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, University of Arizona, 2002-2013; Associate Professor, 1997-2002.
- Branch Chief, Resource and Environmental Policy Branch, Natural Resources & Environment Division, Economic Research Service, USDA, Washington, DC , 1996-97
- Senior Economist, President’s Council of Economic Advisers, Executive Office of the President, Washington, DC, 1995-96
- Agricultural Economist, Resources and Technology Division, Economic Research Service, USDA, Washington, DC, 1989-95
- Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Extension and Technology Transfer, National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad, India, 1986-87
- Alternative/Renewable Energy
- Natural Resources Management
- Public Policy and Governance
- Transboundary Water
- Water Conservation, Supply, and Demand