- Ph.D., Arid Lands Resource Science, University of Arizona, 2015
- M.S., Architecture, University of Arizona, 2010
- B.A., Architecture, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, 1989
- The state of the health of the Cienega Watershed: Monitoring effort and adaptive management by a group of stakeholders
- Haury Seed Grant project to develop a neighborhood greenway
- International Water Security Network in the arid Americas: Transboundary watersheds
- Walkable neighborhoods and the human use of greenspace: The role of urban design and nature in human wellbeing
- Contributions of green infrastructure to urban resilience
- Zuniga-Teran, A.A., B.J. Orr, R.H. Gimblett, N.V. Chalfoun, D.P. Guertin, and S.E. Marsh (2017). Neighborhood design, physical activity, and wellbeing: Applying the Walkability Model. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14,76: doi:10.3390/ijerph14010076. http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/14/1/76
- Zuniga-Teran, A.A.,B.J. Orr, R.H. Gimblett, N.V. Chalfoun, S.E. Marsh, D.P. Guertin, and S.B. Going. (2017). Designing healthy communities: Testing the walkability model. Frontiers of Architectural Research. Vol. 6, No. 1. Pp. 63-73. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095263516300656
- Varady, R.G., A.A. Zuniga-Teran, G.M. Garfin, F. Martin, and S. Vicuña (2016). Adaptive management and water security in global context: Definitions, concepts, and examples. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability special issue “Environmental Change and Assessment” edited by M. Wilder, G. Garfin, and R. Merideth. Vol. 21. Pp. 70-71. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877343516300719
- Zuniga-Teran, A.A; B.J. Orr, R.H. Gimblett, S.B. Going, N.V. Chalfoun, D.P. Guertin, and S.E. Marsh (2016). Designing healthy communities: A walkability analysis on LEED-ND. Frontiers in Architectural Research. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foar.2016.09.004.
- Staddon, C., L. De Vito, A.A. Zuniga-Teran, Y. Schoeman, A. Hart, and G. Booth (2017). Contributions of green infrastructure to urban resilience. The resilience shift - Agenda setting scoping studies. Report elaborated by the consortium between the University of the West of England, University of Arizona, Monash South Africa University, Arcadis, University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China.
- Zuniga-Teran, A.A. (2017). Green infrastructure in walkable neighborhoods: A climate change adaptation strategy for cities in drylands. Book chapter in Climate Change Sensitive Cities: Building Capacities for Urban Resilience, Sustainability, and Equity, by Delgado Ramos, G.C. (Ed.). Mexico: PINCC, UNAM.
- Ecology and Restoration
- Human Dimensions of Climate Change
- Natural Resources Management
- Planning and Land Use
- Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach
- Sustainability Options and Infrastructure
- Transboundary Water