- B.A., Prescott College, 1979
- M.S., Geography, University of Utah, 1989
- Ph.D., Geosciences, University of Arizona, 1996
Selected adaptation projects:
- Disentangling the influence of antecedent temperature and soil moisture on Colorado River water resources, DOI Southwest Climate Science Center
- Multi-century perspectives on current and future streamflow in the Missouri River Basin
- California Department of Water Resources, Southern California Tree-Ring Study and Hydroclimatic Reconstructions
- Enhancing water supply reliability through improved predictive capacity and response, Bureau of Reclamation
- Tree-ring reconstructions of streamflow: Using analogues from the past for water resource decision making in California, WaterSmart, Bureau of Reclamation
- Woodhouse, C.A., G.T. Pederson, K. Morino, S.A. McAfee, G.J. McCabe. 2016. Increasing influence of air temperature on upper Colorado River Streamflow. Geophysical Research Letters, 43, doi:10.1002/2015GL067613.
- Routson, C.C., J.T. Overpeck, C.A. Woodhouse, W.F. Kenney. 2016. Three millennia of southwestern North American dustiness and future implications. PLOS One, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0149573.
- Gandopadhyah, S. G. McCabe, and C.A. Woodhouse. 2015. Beyond annual streamflow reconstructions for the Upper Colorado River Basin: A paleo-water-balance approach. Water Resources Research, 51, doi:10.1002/2015WR017283.
- Malevich, S.B., C.A. Woodhouse, D.M. Meko. 2013. Tree-ring reconstructed hydroclimate of the Upper Klamath basin. Journal of Hydrology, doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2013.04.048
- Woodhouse, C.A., D.M. Meko, D. Griffin, and C.L. Castro. 2013. Tree Rings reveal multi-season drought variability in the lower Rio Grande basin, USA. Water Resources Research, 49, 1-7. doi:10.1002/wrcr.20098.
- Woodhouse, C.A., D.W. Stahle, and J. Villanueva-Díaz. 2012. Rio Grande and Rio Conchos water supply Variability from instrumental and paleoclimatic record, Climate Research, 5:147-158.
- Routson, C.C, C.A. Woodhouse, and J.T. Overpeck. 2011. Second century megadrought in the Rio Grande headwaters,Colorado: How unusual was medieval drought? Geophysical Research Letters, doi:10.1029/2011GL050015.
- Pederson, G.T.,S. T. Gray, C. A. Woodhouse, J. L. Betancourt, D. B. Fagre, J.S. Littell, E. Watson, B. H. Luckman, L. J. Graumlich. 2011. Evidence from tree rings highlights the unusual nature of recent snowpack declines, Science, 333: 332-335. DOI: 10.1126/science.1201570.
- Woodhouse, C.A., D.M. Meko, G. M, MacDonald, D. W. Stahle, and E. R. Cook. 2010. A 1200-year perspective on the 21st century drought in southwestern North America. Proceedings of the National Academies of Science (PNAS), 107: 21283-21288.
- Banner, J.L., C.S. Jackson, L. Yang, K. Hayhoe, C. Woodhouse, L. Gulden, K. Jacobs, G. North, R. Leung, and W. Washington. 2010. Climate change impacts on Texas water. Texas Water Journal, 1: 1-19.
- Interdisciplinary Problem-Solving
- Natural Resources Management
- Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach
- Water Conservation, Supply, and Demand