- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- Sea-level rise along the East Coast of the U.S.
- Change of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation and its impact
- Extreme events
- Parsons, L.A., J. Yin, J.T. Overpeck, R.J. Stouffer, and S. Malyshev, 2013: Influence of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation on the monsoon rainfall and carbon balance of the American tropics. Geophysical Research Letters, doi:10.1002/2013GL058454. (in press)
- Yin, J, Contributing Author, 2013: Chapter 13: Sea Level Change, in IPCC Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.